JAN 7, 2024: Daily Recap
Day 2 at a glance: Here’s what happened today!
- Community Workshop on Waste Solution and Alternatives to Waste Incineration (China)
Charting a greener future for Wuhu! Today’s workshop brought together community leaders, government officials, and passionate citizens to explore actionable waste solutions beyond incineration. Together, they’re building a roadmap towards sustainable waste management and a cleaner city.
- Ditch the Disposable: A Campaign Against Single-Use Plastics (Tanzania)
The Tanzania Youth Empowerment and Development Organization’s campaign is in full swing, educating and empowering the community to say no to single-use plastics. From schools to street markets, they spread the word and provide Zero Waste alternatives.
- Wahenga Youth Zero Waste Weekend (Kenya)
The proposed activity, aligned with the concept of Zero Waste Month and Refuse Single-Use Week, incorporates awareness creation and an artistic dimension through graffiti. The event aims to raise awareness and promote actionable steps towards reducing waste generation, particularly focusing on the refusal of single-use items within our community, the organization will also do a clean-up, have a knowledge sharing session, brand audit, social media campaign, signing pledges among other activities in an eventful weekend.
Call to Action
- Share your International Zero Waste Month experience using the hashtags and tag us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Tiktok. This is a sure way for us to see your messages and cross-post them on GAIA’s social media platforms!#ZeroWasteMonth #ZeroWasteMonth2024 #IZWM2024 #ChooseReuse #GoForZeroWaste
- Help us spread the word on January! Check our International Zero Waste Month branding guide
- To organize your own or join an event, check out the Zero Waste Festival website.
For more information and updates, please check out the IZWM2024 landing page: https://2024-zwmonth.zerowaste.asia