JAN 6, 2024: Daily Recap
Day 1 at a glance: Here’s what happened today!
- Refuse Single-Use Day
#RefuseSingleUseDay has been a success! 🎉 Across the globe, countless individuals and organizations have united in the commitment to refuse single-use plastics. Their collective voice echoed on social media, showcasing a powerful movement towards sustainability. In joining the wave of change by swapping disposable for durable, we have shown that every small action counts!
- Aliansi Zero Waste Indonesia
- Center for Adaptive Capacity Building Research (CAB) (Vietnam)
- Consumers’ Association of Penang (CAP) (Malaysia)
- Zero Waste Himalaya
- Zero Waste Network Aotearoa (New Zealand)
- Triple Planetary Crisis Symposium: Uniting for Sustainable Solutions (Nairobi)
- Check other RSU Day posts on our social media channels! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Stakeholders’ consultation to discuss the current situation of implementation as per the roadmap to zero waste Ahmedabad document prepared by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. The event’s aim is to create awareness about the Zero Waste pathway for the city among stakeholders. The way ahead section will help stakeholders plan future strategies to support this campaign.
The forum is designed to equip Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) officers with the necessary knowledge and skills to champion the campaign against single-use plastics actively. The ultimate goal is to catalyze a youth-led campaign advocating for the elimination of single-use plastics. This initiative will culminate in action planning sessions and the commitment pledges of SK officers to reduce the usage of single-use plastics facilitated through the use of self-monitoring forms.
Call to Action
- Share your International Zero Waste Month experience using the hashtags and tag us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Tiktok. This is a sure way for us to see your messages and cross-post them on GAIA’s social media platforms!#ZeroWasteMonth #ZeroWasteMonth2024 #IZWM2024 #CHOOSEREUSE #GoForZeroWaste
- Help us spread the word on January! Check our International Zero Waste Month branding guide
- To organize your own or join an event, check out the Zero Waste Festival website.
For more information and updates, please check out the IZWM2024 landing page: https://2024-zwmonth.zerowaste.asia